


We left the hospital when the boys were 4 1/2 weeks old. We knew that since Beckett got a UTI in the NICU that we would be headed to Children's Hospital to do an ultrasound on his kidneys, and to get a catheter put in and flush his bladder with fluid to check if it reflexes back up into the kidneys. The test results came back normal and we went back to the doctors for their two week weight check at 6 weeks and the doctor announced that we needed to go back to Childrens the following day to get Beckett's ultrasound checked out. SO back to Children's we went. At this point, I am about sick of roaming around hospitals and waiting and just the overall having to be there really. Anyway, the Cardiologist said she didn't hear anything too out of the ordinary and that we should just do a follow up with her in 6 months. 3 days later, Archer gets sick. I could tell he wasn't feeling very good on Sunday and Monday, but he just had a little congestion. Well Wednesday morning he finally got a small 99.2 fever and I took him right to the doctors office where she announced that we needed to go to the hospital because he had bronchiolitis. great. SO back to Parker we went. Since Archer was being admitted into the ICU, no one under the age of 18 could be there, especially since Archer was being isolated... so I had to figure out what to do with Beckett for a few days. Luckily, half my family wasn't working so Beckett go to spend the day with Gram-ma, Bampa, Aunt Seesa and Aunt Kage. Archer was put on oxygen again and needed deep suctioning before each feeding to get all the mucus out of his chest and throat. Poor Archer was in the hospital for 3 days. We got home really late Friday night and Archer was sent home on oxygen... but at least we are all home again. I am pretty sure I have met my quota for hospital stays this year.


Next week the boys will be 2 months old! AHH and I will have another update for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment