Most of you may know that right now I am pregnant and expecting twins in May 2012! What some of you may not know is that I had a miscarriage in July 2011. I was very heartbroken when we found out and our doctor told us to not try again for another 3 months due to the high-risk of miscarrying again. My amazing sibling were so wonderful and all dropped what they were doing that night and showed up at my door with flowers and dinner. I love my family!
Well, the very next month we got very sad news that my cousin, Philip, was tragically killed in a car accident. He was a twin. 3 days after his death I found out that I was pregnant again. I was terrified because we did not wait and I was hoping and praying not to miscarry again. Our 8 week ultrasound on 10-10-11 was an incredible experience. My husband was holding my hand and we were both so nervous. The lady was moving the stick thing around and had a confused expression on her face. She kept trying to move the stick around like she was trying to get around something, or move something out of the way. She finally asked with great concern if I had taken a certain Cholesterol drug. It can split the amniotic sac in half in some cases. We told her I had not and both of our hearts dropped because we just assumed something was wrong with the sac or the baby. She moved it around some more and then announced, "Well, there are two babies here". STUNNED, Vince and I both gasped and teared up at the wonderful news. I couldn't help but think that there is some strange connection between my cousin and my twins... but maybe that is just me.
We then got to spread the wonderful news to our family. We first called everyone and the first to answer was my sister Lisa. She squealed like a little girl she was so excited for us. We then called his mom and she could hardly believe it. We met my Dad at his school and told him, and all he could do was laugh. (I have sisters that are twins, Lisa and Kim). My Mom's reaction was probably the funniest. We went to her work and told her that the ultrasound pictures are so clear we just had to come show her. "Look, Twins" I said. She was shocked and took the ultrasound pictures and just said,' What? Are you sure? You can't tell this early." "Are you sure" and then she started to tear up and yelled across the bank, "Look! I am going to have Twin Grandbabies!!!". Apparently, she didn't find out she was expecting twins until she was 6 months along..so for me to find out I was expecting twins at 8 weeks was pretty incredible to her... but you can definitely tell there are two!

So sweet Sandy! I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage but so excited for your sweet babies to come!
ReplyDelete