Thursday, March 1, 2012

28 Weeks

7 months pregnant already! I love it. I am feeling great and have really had a good pregnancy so far. I am sleeping just fine, moving around okay and still working 40 hours a week. I am very thankful that I am only in the classroom part of the day, but still occasionally will be in a classroom all day ( which is really hard ). I love it when people stop me and say "are you all ready for the baby to come? Not long now." And I say, "I'm actually due in late May." and their faces just drop.... UGH and then this confused look comes over their face and I say, "Twins". OOOOOOh.

We went to our 28week appointment with our regular OB and as I mentioned before, I was worried about my weight gain and how much the boys weigh. at the 24 week appointment, Baby A weighted 1lb 16oz and in the 38% for weight. Baby B was only 1 lbs 7oz and was only in the 16%. They have definitely grown alot in the last month which I am very happy about. Baby A is now 3.2lbs and jumped into the 75%  and Baby B is 2.8lbs and is now in the 43%. However, now the OB is concerned about something called Discordant Fetal Growth. The reason she is concerned is because Baby is much bigger than Baby B. They usually don't get concerned unless the babies weight differ by more than 20%. Since they differ by 23%, we are going back to see the high-risk OB on March 14 (Vince's Birthday) to track their growth and do a Doppler that will tell us more about how the blood flow in the babies is working. If it happens that there is this discordance going on between the babies, the doctors will decide where we should deliver right away so that we can give Baby B a better chance to grow and prosper without fighting for nutrients. Vince and I are concerned, naturally, but are praying and would love it if everything shows up that they are both growing strong and that Baby A is just bigger than Baby B.

 So good news about their weight gain, but now we have to wait and see the high-risk OB to find out more about their size discordance. We also did a test today for gestational diabetes and anemia and will find out those results tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers are with you always! And those boys! Ooo, we love them already and know it will all be alright. Lub you, Schmand & Bince!

    ReplyDelete